Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kijiji...

What's a "kijiji"?  
I don't really know, except my wife told me she advertised our couch on there.  So, I was looking around this on-line community to see the ad, when I thought, "Hmmm, why don't I see if anyone's selling a left-handed mandolin?"  Sure enough, somebody was!  But his ad said "$250...firm" and that was the top limit of my cash so I signed off.
Next day I thought I'd have a 2nd look just for fun.  Check out the model number and so on.  He had changed his ad to $200 and added the following note, "Will trade for lap-steel guitar."  Well, I have a lap-steel guitar I rarely play.  Gloria gave it to me for Christmas after Bob Moody found it in the attic of his store when he was cleaning up!  It's a Gibson, circa 1958!  And, it's in decent shape, although it has no case.  So I offered it up, and lo and behold, it's a deal.  So I will be trying to learn to play the mandolin this time next week, and right now I'm saying good-bye to my lap-steel.
Just thought that was an interesting little tale.
Oh, and the couch?
It's still for sale...make us an offer!  

No comments: