Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's 2009! Can you imagine? I just reviewed a book about CSN called (of all things) Crosby, Stills & Nash: the 40th Anniversary Edition and for me that was a rude awakening. FORTY years of CSN! I bought the first CSN album on the same day as Poco's Pickin' Up the Pieces because I was a big Buffalo Springfield fan and here was Stills on one hand, and Richie Furay on the other. In fact, while I admired the harmonies of CSN I liked the sound of Poco better. Sure "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" was one of the best songs ever, but I played the bejeebers outa that Poco album.
But here it is 2009. I'll be 58 this year! I can hardly believe it! When my grandmother told me she was fifty, I cried! I thought she was not long for this world, and now I'm on from that! Still listening to good music though, still rockin' & rollin' in my way!
The next big thing coming is the new Bruce Springsteen CD due at the end of the month. If it's as good as Magic I'll be thrilled. I went off the Boss for a while, but lately he seems to have got back to where I like him.
I finished the John Lennon bio by Philip Norman, and apart from a couple of small points of interpretation (where I disagreed with Norman's take on something) I found it to be a well balanced look at Lennon's life and work. Started to read Mick Wall's bio of Led Zeppelin which is quite interesting. His comments about Jeff Beck are starting to raise my hackles...but it just makes reading fun!

No comments: