Saturday, August 4, 2007

cd player in car...

OK. Does anybody out there have recommendations for a jammed CD player? It's a 6-disc premium player, but has twice now jammed with CDs in it (the 2nd time just this morning). So now my Jimmy Rogers All-Stars Blues Blues Blues CD and Richard Thompson's Sweet Warrior are trapped in that netherworld of @#$%ed-up technology! I didn't get to load Joe Strummer or Paul Weller...but all I could listen to on the way to the market was 1150 CKOC! Yikes. (To be honest, fiddling with the FM dial was too distracting).
I'm thinking that, maybe if I pull the fuse, the logic might reset itself when I re-install it!?!?
Worked fine yesterday on the road trip to St. Jacobs, we listened to Taj Mahal, Dan Penn & Spooner Oldham, Eric Clapton, and more.
I bought a beat up old copy of Their Satanic Majesties Request just for the lenticular cover. It was only $10, because you can use the vinyl for a peanut dish! But the picture is in good shape. This is an album that's always been on my Guilty Pleasures list. It doesn't really work, that's true, but I can't help but like some of the tunes. Why don't we sing this song together? That's a darn good question.
I read Song Man by Will Hodgkinson and it was every bit as entertaining as Guitar Man was. I highly recommend both, to anyone with a sense of humour about the music business. And...if you look on MySpace (for Double Fantasy) you'll find the songs Will and his "band" recorded...gives you an extra feel for the story. Great stuff.
Only a week til my birthday! Keep those cards and letters comin'!

No comments: